Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New Lens!

Per my request, my grandmother wanted to give me a new lens as a graduation gift. Her husband was a professional studio photographer when he was still alive, so it was a meaningful idea to her. Unfortunately, she has 12 grandchildren, so she could only afford $200 towards a new lens. I found a relatively cheap macro lens on eBay for which I could afford the difference.

I got a Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens. 60mm is slightly zoomed in (I am used to 28mm completely zoomed out on my other lens), and so starting out zoomed in, but without the ability to zoom in more is a little weird to get used to. I've also been playing with B&W shots again, which I haven't really done much with since my film photography class in high school. Here are the shots I took right out of the box:

Spider Webs
[1/200 sec, f/2.8, ISO 400, 60mm]

Stucco -- Depth of Field
[1/400 sec, f/2.8, ISO 400, 60mm]

Porch Railing
[1/125sec, f/2.8, ISO 400, 60mm]

Toby -- not his usual ham-it-up model self
[1/125 sec, f/2.8, ISO 400, 60mm]

~*~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a lovely gift, love the porch railing.
Torie
x

Post a Comment