Monday, October 19, 2009

Rainy Day

The weather is certainly cooler up here in Mountain View compared to LA.

Today was the second rainstorm. I forgot how much I liked rain.

It rained a lot freshman year when I had a lot of places to go, so I didn't like it much then, and after that it probably rained few enough times to count with my fingers and have some left over.

But today, at quitting time, I stepped outside and was greeted by the cool atmosphere of rain. The air was chilly and moist, and there was something refreshing about walking to my car, under my umbrella, stepping on puddles in my heels. I had to drive home slowly, but I didn't really mind (the 2-mile commute probably didn't hurt my patience). And I spent the rest of the day warm inside because it was raining outside, watching TV shows on my computer and knitting (unfortunately, that wine bottle was already empty, but that would have been nice, or perhaps hot chocolate).

[1/3 sec, f/8, ISO 400, 60mm]
It was comfortable, but lonely. Kevin is still in sunny LA, and so rainy Mountain View doesn't quite feel like home.

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment