Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fallen Star

I drove up into the Los Altos Hills last night to watch the beginnings of the Leonids meteor shower.

Even driving up 280, I saw a few from my car. I found a really nice lookout that didn't have too many trees blocking the view. I was freezing, more noticeably so with Kevin so far away instead of cuddled under a blanket with me, but I still stayed out stargazing rather late. There weren't TOO many -- it hadn't hit the peak yet for California, and I no doubt would have seen more a couple hours later towards dawn, and tonight -- but I got a few good wishes in on a few spectacular ones. Either way, it was peaceful, and beautiful.

I really missed living somewhere you can see the stars.

[f/3.5, 30 sec., ISO 1600, 28mm]
~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment