Sunday, February 21, 2010

How Sara!

In January, while I was learning Flash and very excited about learning to put it on the web, I had the brilliant idea to start my own website. So I registered my own domain name -- que-sara.com -- but kind of stopped there...until last week.

You see, I wanted to learn how to do some more sophisticated web-development stuff before publishing anything, but also realized that that 1-year registration was kind of useless with absolutely nothing to display, so last week I decided to throw something together. I learned some basic CSS to get me started (I had only ever made straight HTML websites in the past, and really wanted to learn a less-deprecated way of formatting), and had a basic site up on Thursday. Friday I re-posted all of my food blog entries (which I've added to tonight), and on Saturday, Kevin helped me transfer my web hosting from my free Go-Daddy account (since I registered through them) to his much faster (and ad-free) site5 account, which apparently lets you host multiple domains.

The site needs a major overhaul on looks, and the hobbies + Flash areas still need content, but that will take some planning and possibly some more learning before I get there. For now, enjoy the new site! I will most likely stop posting my food blogs on here and only post them at: http://que-sara.com/food.html

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment