Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Take 2

Dear theoretical readers,

So I started a website, and kind of abandoned it. It wasn't very good, and I'm kind of in a funk. I've kind of been in a funk for a while now. I'm working on it, okay?!

I'm not so good at this weblogging thing these last few years, am I? I guess life's got me a little tongue-tied.

I started reading old blog posts of people I miss dearly. I thought, "blogging used to help me feel less lonely," so maybe I'll give it a shot again. Adult life has got me a little robotic, and I hate that. Maybe blogging will help me find my voice again.

I'll be back. Soon. I promise. Or at least I'll try. Really.

~*~

I have lots of Iron Chef Blogger Challenges I have made and photographed, which I may get around to posting at some point. The idea was for them to go on the food page of my website, but we all know how diligent I was with that project.

Let's start with a summary of the high points in life since we last spoke...

Right around the time of my last post, my Mom had a heart+lung transplant...pretty much for Valentine's Day, which I found fitting. It was really intense. I guess I was spending a lot of time with her and my family in the weeks following that. It was a huge success, with pristine donor organs, and she recovered very quickly. My Aunt Elaine came to be her 24/7 caregiver for 3 months, and she moved into a temporary apartment with my parents just about a mile from my apartment, so I visited often. Her progress was so spectacular that they let her move back home after only 1 month, since it was still within 1 hour of Stanford in case anything went wrong. I am still amazed at how strong my Mommy really is:

My Mom with her Stanford heart pillow, 2 weeks after the transplant.
So strong and brave that you can't even tell, can you?

However, much to the dismay of my Mom, I'm trying really hard to get a job in LA right now. It's for many reasons. But mainly it's for a boy. Am I that girl? Apparently I am.

It's funny how much I hated LA when I first moved there, and then when it was time to leave, I was just starting to call it home. Home is where the heart is, right? Well what if your heart is scattered lots of places? A big chunk of it is still in LA. Hopefully, once I can get a job there, moving back will be the defibrillator I need to revive my Sara~ness from this funk I've slunk into since moving away.

So a lot of what I've been up to is applying for jobs. And the endless cycle of work and apartment, windowless office and dull chores. Most weekends I visit or am visited by Kevin -- my boyfriend and bestest friend. Every other trip to LA, I also visit other friends there that I miss so very much. Once I even met up with my old roommate (the best one! miss her so!), Patti. Before going out drinking with a few other friends, we exchanged gifts. She gave me a cute little sake set, which Kevin and I did sake bombs with the following weekend on the floor of my Mountain View apartment:


We also went paintballing that weekend. A few weeks ago we followed up with airsoft for his birthday. Then his graduation. Then last weekend I helped him move into his new studio, of which I am so jealous -- and I hope someday soon we can get a place together.

Okay so I've been up to a lot these last few months. I could have blogged. I could have done a lot of things. I'm a terrible friend, I'm sorry!

I've written down what I call my LA Pledge. It's a list of promises I've made to myself for if/when I get a job and get to move down to LA to be closer to many friends, and of course my Kevin. I won't share what's on that list (maybe I will when it's time to hold up my end of the bargain -- you can help keep me honest!), but I will say this: they're all geared towards me being a better person, and living a better life for myself. Because this funk just won't do! And you deserve better.

Sincerely,
Me.

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment