Thursday, January 7, 2010

Easy, Brie-zy

This week's ingredient was: brie!

Irony of ironies, the day before this ingredient was announced, Kevin and I picked up some brie and sourdough at Safeway to snack upon. But not quite enough left to do anything with, so another grocery trip was in order.

I shopped by myself this time around because Kevin was home with a fever -- pobrecito! That fact also resulted in a strange combination of foods in the meal.

I made Kevin soup out of chicken broth and rice noodles. For Iron Chef Blogger Challenge I made: quesadillas! Weird combo, I know, but if you ignore that fact, it was a tasty and filling meal!

For two quesadillas, split 1/2 pound of brie (including the rind, which I had to cut away from, so less than that), and diced: 1 roma tomato, half of an avocado, and 3 green onions. Using Kevin's new handy dandy sandwich grill (from Fry's -- impulse buy!), I melted the brie in the large, whole grain tortillas. When the brie was melted, it got everywhere! Then I added mixed veggies and served.

The brie was very mild, but the veggies added some good flavor. We added that red sauce you see at Asian restaurants, and it was pretty good, too. Quite the confusing combo of foods, but who cares as long as it tastes delicious?

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment