Saturday, January 16, 2010

Knitting My Troubles Away

All fall and winter I have been working on a red and black scarf for Kevin, yarn and dimensions of his choosing. It was really small gauge (I couldn't tell you how small because I'm a pretty ghetto knitter -- in fact, I learned that I don't know how to knit, only how to purl!) so it took forevererer! Knitting about 10 rows of 30 stitches each per ~hour-long episode of House or Dexter, I'd say I spent about 45 hours just knitting, and let's say another 3 going back to pick up a lost stitch -- 2 whole days! Also, I ran out of yarn and had to get more RIGHT before Christmas when Joann's was having a sale and sold out of the colors I needed!! I went to 4 or 5 Joann's before I finally obtained what I needed to finish.


It is heavy but very soft! Kevin loves it. I gave it to him on our 7-monthiversary, and it matches the bracelet I made him with magnetic clasps (which he picked out during that first trip to Joann's when he picked out the yarn!)

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment