Friday, January 22, 2010

Meat Purse Filled with Cheese!

Kevin came to visit this weekend, and as always I had the task of feeding him. He's kind of picky, but he enthusiastically volunteered chicken cordon bleu as a dinner idea, so I found a recipe and dragged him to Safeway. Even though I did most of the work while he watched Venture Brothers (oh, I guess he did make the rice pilaf Riceroni!), it was fun and delicious!

~Chicken Cordon Bleu~
Cut 4 slices of swiss cheese and 4 slices of ham into halves. Stack 2 of each and roll up (cheese on the inside). Fold a thin chicken breast around each and secure closed with toothpicks so you have 4 meat purses (hehe).


To bread, set up 3 bowls:
1. Flour
2. Egg Wash: 1 egg, 1/4 cup water -- whisked together
3. Seasoned bread crumbs (note: I overlooked this part when I went shopping, so I had to toast and cut up bread and mix with Tony's Seasoning to make my own; it looked pretty neat, but they were too big and hard on the roof of the mouth, so I don't recommend it!)

Dip in that order and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, toothpick-side up (I guarantee your meat purses will leak delicious melted cheese!)


Bake 25 minutes at 350 F.

Serve with rice pilaf!

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment